Friday, September 20, 2013

An open letter to my "friends"

Now that you are all having babies, I want you to think about how hard it is...now imagine you have two, that were born 10 weeks early.  Now I want you to imagine what it would be like if you were three hours away from your family.  Now add to that the fact that your friends have basically turned their backs on you because you got pregnant at 21 and that you didn't share it with them the second you found out, because you were scared to death!  I hope that you are don't have as difficult of a time being a new mom as I did.  I hope you have the love and support of your family and "friends".  I hope that you don't feel isolated, and that your friends don't make you feel guilty for putting your children first and not your social life.  I made it against all odd, although I lost some "friends" along the way, but in the process I gained something that I never thought I would, I gained some perspective about life, and the people that I want in my life.  I learned that I could say no, and that I don't have to make everyone happy.  I learned how to be strong, and how to be a parent.

No comments: